From 10 May, travelers from 65 countries will be allowed to enter the country without quarantine if they can produce a Green Digital Passport or send a negative COVID-19 test result with no more than 72 hours.
In addition, travelers need to complete the Cyprus Flight Pass quiz, and a solemn declaration form for entry permission.
Cyprus reopening – LATEST UPDATES
April 30 – Cyprus to reopen vaccinated travelers on May 10
The Deputy Minister of Tourism of Cyprus, Savvas Perdios, announced that as of May 10, visitors from 65 countries will be able to visit Cyprus for tourism without the need for quarantine or if they have a “Green Digital Passport” or present a negative PCR result. COVID-19 test, not more than three days.
The countries allowed include the entire Schengen zone, the United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates, Canada, Israel, Qatar, Egypt, Switzerland, New Zealand, the United States of America, Australia and some others.
“We are going to inform our partners abroad that as of May 10, fully vaccinated people from the 65 countries we have recently opened can come to Cyprus without [Covid] testing and quarantine, even if they are close contacts [of confirmed cases]”, He pointed out Perdios in this regard.
CyprusFlightPass, why do travelers need it?
To access the country, all travelers must sign up for the new CyprusFlightPass. To apply on here.
Is Cyprus open to tourists?
Yes, but only from a few countries. Cyprus classifies visitors into 4 categories (green, orange, red and gray). Different restrictions apply depending on the country of departure of the visitors. See them on here.
Countries in the green category
- Republic of Korea
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
Countries in the orange category
- Hong Kong
Countries in the red category
- Czech Republic
- Holy See (Vatican City State)
- Russian Federation
- San Marino
- United Arab Emirates
The rest of the countries belong to the gray category.
Do travelers need to submit a COVID-19 test or quarantine?
Most countries need to have a negative COVID-19 test and undergo a mandatory 10 to 14 day quarantine, depending on the country of departure. Travelers are advised to consult their embassies before traveling to learn more about their specific needs.
Do visitors need to wear a mask all the time?
People over 6 years of age must wear a face mask in the following places
- Supermarkets, bakeries, shopping malls, churches, health institutions, public sector organizations, bookmakers and elevators.
What is the current status of COVID-19 in Cyprus?
From April 30th, the country recorded 65,233 cases and 308 deaths.
What can visitors and locals do in Cyprus?
- Meetings, public meetings and internal and external social events are not allowed.
- Church meetings can be online only.
- Restaurants can only open for take-away.
- Barber shops, hairdressers and gyms are closed.
- Face masks are mandatory for anyone over 12 in all indoor and outdoor public places.
- Cyprus imposed a curfew across the island from 9:00 pm to 5:00 am
– Is Greece open to tourism?
– Is Turkey open to tourism now?
– Israel Reopening of the Borders – Everything you need to know