Disclaimer: Most travel insurers are still adapting to the “new normal way” of traveling around the world. We strongly advise you to check with your insurer before committing to any insurance plan.
The United States is ready to open up to international visitors again after nearly two years of travel bans. Considering a trip there? Even though you can be vaccinated, which is now one of the main requirements to enter the United States for foreigners, you still run the risk of contracting and spreading the virus.
Additional expenses may come with the hospitalization and treatment of COVID-19. And because we’re committed to supporting the health and well-being of our fellow travelers, we’ve chosen the 4 best insurance plans to protect you, even if you travel to the US during the coronavirus crisis.
So keep reading. these are the 4 best COVID-19 insurance plans for traveling, working, living or studying in the US
Covid’s best travel insurance for the US
1. Travel Insurance SafetyWing – BEST RATE
This travel medical insurance is the best option for anyone traveling to the US. It’s also a great choice for short- and long-term tourists or remote workers.
- Safety Wing copper COVID-19 in the same way as any other illness, as long as it was not contracted before the coverage start date.
- It also covers you in your home country, as long as your visit there is accidental.
- Since April 15, 2021, copper quarantine outside your home country $50/day for up to 10 days. Please note that quarantine can only be covered once a year and if required by a doctor or government authority.
- SafetyWing Nomad insurance is also beautiful accessible. Depending on your age, prices are as follows for a 4-week period: 10-39 years: USD 76.72, 40-49 years: USD 126.56. For other age groups, you can find prices on here.
- Testing for COVID-19 is covered only if deemed necessary by a physician. This is quite inconvenient as most countries require testing before entering.
- It does not cover citizens of Iran, Syria, North Korea or Cuba.
If you are new to SafetyWing, COVID-19 coverage will automatically be added to your plan. On the other hand, if you are already a part of SafetyWing, we recommend that you contact their customer service team and they will upgrade your plan.
SafetyWing also offers remote health insurance, which is suitable for long-time nomads. It’s more expensive, but it covers pre-existing conditions, cancer treatment and you can use it in your home country too.
What else does this insurance cover?
Above all, SafetyWing covers over 94 recreational activities, including surfing, biking, hiking and snowboarding. More information can be found. on here.
two CoverAmerica – Gold Insurance – The best benefits
CoverAmerica is perfect for travelers and tourists visiting the US who are not US citizens or residents.
- CoverAmerica covers COVID-19 like any other medical condition. However, please note that it must be purchased for at least 30 days to be eligible for the benefit.
- Unlike other travel plans, comprehensive coverage for COVID-19. This means you can get reimbursed for delays, days of quarantine or lost flight connections if you get infected with coronavirus.
- The coverage limit is up to $1,000,000 (conditions may apply).
- NOT available to US citizens and residents.
- Citizens of Iran, Syria, Virgin Islands, Ghana, Nigeria and Sierra Leone cannot take out this insurance.
- This travel insurance covers emergency treatment for pre-existing illnesses, acute dental treatment and eye examinations.
To learn more about CoverAmerica and its plans, click on here.
3 Staysure Travel Insurance – BEST FOR UK TRAVELERS
Staysure Travel Insurance is the best choice for visitors traveling from the UK, Spain, France or Portugal.
- Dry coverage travel cancellations, emergency medical treatment, as well as repatriation expenses if you are affected by COVID-19 (conditions may apply).
- Also offers daily benefits if you have to isolate yourself, additional accommodation and transport, but only if required by a health official.
- If your next of kin or a member of your family is hospitalized or dies due to COVID-19, you can cancel or shorten your trip and claim a refund.
- Also, it is reasonably priced. For a quote, visit the website on here.
- ONLY for travelers traveling from the UK, Spain, France or Portugal.
- You will not be covered if you have declined any dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
- It does not cover COVID-19 tests, which are usually required for travel.
What is covered?
Please note that Staysure does not provide coverage if you are traveling during a government or regional blockade.
4 Allianz Travel Insurance – Most Trustd
Allianz Travel Insurance is suitable for all types of travelers traveling from Ireland. From digital nomads and remote workers to students and backpackers, they offer a variety of plans at three different levels – bronze, silver and gold.
- This travel insurance covers COVID-19 general medical treatment as well as additional treatments accommodation, transport, or cancellation of your trip if you contract the virus.
- They offer various insurance plans such as Single Travel Insurance, Backpacker Travel Insurance or Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance.
- You can cancel or shorten your trip if your next of kin or traveling companion becomes seriously ill with the illness.
- If the DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) advises against all non-essential travel, you can only file your complaint if you provide documentation that you traveled for a specific reason, not for pleasure.
- It is ONLY for citizens and residents of the Republic of Ireland.
- Allianz Travel Insurance offers an extensive add-on for winter sports and skiing.
Interested in this insurance travel plan? get your to quote.
So what do you think? Did you pick your favorite? We hope our comparison has helped you at least a little, and you’ll have peace of mind even while traveling in unpredictable times like the pandemic. Enjoy, stay safe and see you in the USA!